Friday, March 2, 2012

Zions!

I've been debating the last few days if I should make this post or not. My life has taken a few twists and turns in the past few weeks... anyway... I decided, why not. It's my life, and it was a fun trip, so here I am.
I wanted to get away from life for a little bit, so Josh and I headed down to Zions for the weekend. Well, we stayed in Cedar City and then drove to Zions for a day to do some hiking. Angels Landing. Oh man. I've heard it was intense, but add snow and ice to the hike and it makes for an exciting afternoon.
This is essentially what our path looked like for about 2 hours. Several times we literally had to pull ourselves up the mountain, or let ourselves down.
Me in an awkward pose...
The veiw from about half way. The rest of the hike was pure snow and ice.
Some lady at the top wanted to take our picture. She took three, and this is the only one without her entire finger in the picture.
It was a really nice weekend getaway. Wish it could have lasted forever. School has been pretty stressful this semester. Different than how it was stressful last semester. I'm learning a lot though. And, I have been working on a practicum placement for next year. It's so weird planning that far in advanced. I didn't get the one I wanted, but I know I'll end up where I need to be.
On a much more depressing note... Celine got cancelled. I'm devestated. I'll have to get ticktes to go another time, but I don't think I'll be able to go back to Vegas again till October. Such is life. Good thing I had a little vacay while I could.

No comments: