Thursday, January 26, 2012

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

The past five months have been full of twists and turns. Most of them unexpected, several of them I hoped for, and others I have despised. It's taken a toll on me in a lot of different ways. I've discovered that I loathe change. I have a really hard time adjusting to new situations, new environments, and new stages in life. But I'm coming out on top and starting to live the life. And I'm loving it. Here's the brief timeline of my past few months...
(My little brother and I celebrating my three acceptances into grad school!)
(My mom, me, and J.B. rockin at graduation!)
( Me and my bird legs wakesurfing at Lake Powell like a pro)
(Me, Alli, and Mauri! Livin the roommate dream)
(My brief visit to the great state of Washington. The minor family , finally, got baptized! It was such a great weekend, and I was so blessed to be able to go.)
(Spencie, Me, Mauri, Alli, and Rob after the Halloween Half Marathon. Chels ran it too, but we lost her somewhere in the huge crowd!)
(The babies with Santa! Baby A was actually stoked that Santa came, he just has a funny way of showing it...)

That's the general re-cap of what's happened in the past little while. This next year is going to be fabulous. I've decided to focus on myself this year and focus on doing what's right and helping
others. Here are a few of my "resolutions" if you will.
· Call more, text less
· Read the BOM by the spring G-Con
· Run my second marathon (I'll be doing the SLC marathon this April!)
· Get a 4.0
· Write in my journal more often
· Fulfill my callings and work in the temple again (I think it'd be amazing to work in the SLC temple!)

Those are the basics of my "resolutions." My family is also doing a "biggest loser" competition. Haha! I love my family! It will be great for all of us to get into shape and just be overall healthier. I made the goal to lose ten pounds. Ha! I've never tried to lose a pound in my life, but here's my chance. I'm super competitive and hate to lose, so
I'm working hard (I say that while I eat a mini bag of m&m's). So I've been training for my upcoming marathon and doing p-90. Holy crap that's tough! But it feels so good and keeps me sane. I've learned that when I don't exercise regularly I go a little nutso. Running keeps me sane. Plus it lets me eat candy. Yum.

I've got some traveling plans in the works right now that I'm totally stoked for. First up is Las Vegas for spring break!!! I'm finally making my dreams come true and going to see Celine Dion!!! I giggle when I think about it. I'm ecstatic about it. So that's in March. In May the fam is going to St. George to see Spencie do the Ironman. The kid is a champ. He asked if I
wanted to do it, to which I replied "I'm not a man..." When they come out with the "IronWoman" then I'll consider it. So that's May. June I'll be heading to Oregon for my Granny's 75th b-day celebration! Woot woot!
(I'm hoping we get another just as fabulous family photo like this one taken in 1998.)

In August I'm going to Ohio to see one of my BFF's, Rechelle, to marry her redheaded boyfriend.
(Love this lady. She came to my farewell wearing jeans and thought it was the funniest thing she'd ever done. )
I've never been to Ohio. I've never wanted to. It'll be good though to see a different part of the country. It's been awhile since I've been to the East coast. I'm starting to think of where I should go for fall break... Lately I've been wanting to go to Costa Rica. I've heard good things about it, and it's apparently fairly cheap. So sign me up. Anyone want to join me?

So that's that. A little bit of last year, and a little preview for 2012. What an exciting time. While 2011 had some serious challenges, it was the best year of my life. I learned a ton and accomplished so much. I graduated from college with honors, got into all three grad programs I applied to, was a research assistant, finished my first semester of grad school, bought my first car, moved out, taught a few college classes, learned how to wakeboard, snowboard, and wake surf, and went on several mini vacations. It's going to be hard to top! But I'm up for the adventure. Life is so good.

No comments: