Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm Gunna Bleed RED!

That's right. My blood is running RED. I got accepted into the U. I applied to three different Grad programs at the U (truth be told I'd rather go out of state, but tuition is $$$), and I was accepted into two of them. The other was my third choice, so no tears were shed, except maybe from my mother because it was the program she wanted me to go into. Master's of Social Work, her baby. Now I have to decide between the other two, and I have to do it within the next week. Program 1: Master's of Public Health. An awesome, awesome program, and the "gold star" of health programs as one of my teachers calls it. It's very clinically based, and is super intense. Lots of Doctors and Nurses actually apply for the program so they can have the MPH letters behind their names because it makes them legit. I can get any health job with this degree, and I can do lots of research, which I love. Program 2: Master's of Health Promotion and Education. My favorite teacher, the one I'm working on a research project with (and at the end of it, I will be published! woot woot) has practically paved the way for me in this program, so that's nice. I will focus on obesity and eating disorder prevention, which is my passion. If I choose to go on and get a Ph.D. then this program is the way to go. However, if I choose to just work, then I limit myself by not having the MPH credentials... lame. Decisions, decisions. And I have no clue what to do. In other exciting news, the Justin Beber movie, Never Say Never, has changed my life... okay, maybe not. But it was probably the best movie I've seen in a long time. I'm currently waiting for it to go to the dollar movie theater so I can watch it over and over, one dollar at a time. Shay and I went to see it for our Valentine's Day date. It was fabulous. We rocked our J-Bieb tee's and jammed for all TWO HOURS that the movie lasted. It was blissfully magical.

(Don't judge me. I don't know how to rotate the picture, or delete them... Or make new paragraph unless there is a picture in between them. I'm lame, I get it.)




Baby Searle and Sister Hendricko came home! I now only know one missionary left in the WKM. Crazy. I used to own that place and know everyone there. But, my last comp is now home, and all but one of the elder's from my last district. Seems like yesterday we were having my going home party, and playing pranks on eachother, but it was nice for me, Lowry, Hendricks, and Baby Searle to be reunited. The four of us had a blast in our district. Man, I miss the mission every day still...



I'm a Senior, so I decided that I no longer had to go to class all day, every day. I played hookie for a day and went and saw "So You Think You Can Dance" auditions in SLC. It was magical. Me, Shay, Steph, Jen, Travis (he loved it more than the rest of us) and Vicky all went together. We were supposed to dress like we were going to the club... I've never been clubbing, how am I supposed to know what to wear! Anyway, I'm excited for the season to start. Mainly because I want to see if I'm going to be on T.V. and because when SYTYD is on, that means it's SUMMER!




Less than a month to graduation. I don't know if I'll make it... but I'm sure trying. It's getting harder to go to class, especially because it's starting to get sunny outside. Side note- Spencie wants to run a marathon. I said, perfect, sign me up. We ran 11 miles yesterday, which I skipped Stat's to do, and I got mega sunburned. But running in the sun was totally worth it. However, my knees are like the knees of an 80 year old 500 pound man. I don't think I'll be able to do the full marathon with my knees. Maybe I can do a half. In the mean time I told Spence I'd bike next to him while he runs. We'll see how that goes... Anyway. Life is ch-ch-ch-changin! I'm growing up so fast...

No comments: