Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Life Isn't Always Beautiful, But It's A Beautiful Ride

THE FLOOD OF '08






2 am and I'm not awake... well I wasn't. I woke up to the sounds of my roomies talking. I hear laughter and joking. Talking about boys- mainly Jantzen, Kristin's BF. "What would we do if he wasn't here?!" followed by more laughter.


I hate missing out on anything. I don't care what's going on, I want to be there. But it's 2 am and I have to be up at 4:30 for work. Why are they talking so loud? I want to be there, but I want to sleep. I decide to sleep anyway because its the right thing to do. Next thing I hear is "What's the after hours emergency number again?" I'm awake.

I walk out of my room and slosh. I step into a huge puddle. Our apartment flooded.




Total bummer. Our water heater apparently had a rush of pressure and flooded. Luckily Jantzen was there and was able to shut it off before it got too crazy. It still flooded the hallway, kitchen and part of the living room. We called the emergency number and no one answered. We tried again... and again... finally 40mins later there was an answer. We weren't the only ones to flood. 6 other apartments at the same time! Crazy. By the time I woke up though, most of it was already cleaned up, but I did do my part to help...

I know I look hot. Don't hate. I put on my boots and started shoving water from the carpet into the kitchen to mop it up. That black stuff on the kitchen floor is dirt from the carpet. Sick. At least now we get our carpet cleaned!

Yay for team work. I took this while I was sitting on the couch watching them clean =)

At about 3 am we went back to bed. We couldn't do much and since we had been able to shut our water off fairly quick we didn't get it near as bad as the other apartments. Thanks Jantzen and Danielle for being awake to hear the water! Our carpet is now ripped up. It smells like mildew. My place feels muggy from the water evaporating from the floor. And our place is a mess. No worries though- we've been making the best of it!

Yes, we did take a photo shoot in front of the fans. Jealous?

Life isn't always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You look hot, all wind blown. And I love your rainboots! I got another pair at Merv's. Yes Mervyns. And they are really cute for $15. Oh melis, I miss you