Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1 Year Plus!!!

I figured since I've been home from my mission for over a year, it's about time that I updated everyone on my life. Here are a few, yes, only a few, of the pics of the exciting things that I've been up to in the past year. In no particular order. I'm not that blog savvy, sorry.


Oh the Doty kids... how we've missed each other.




Baby A, my oldest nephew, is getting so big! And he needed to be potty trained, but big boy panties scared him. So me, my two sisters, and SIL put them on our heads and danced to music to show him how cool they really are. Now we know why he pees his pants when he wears them!




Yes. I got a snuggie! Actually, some members through me a going away party the Sunday before I went home, and one of my favorite families gave it to me! Best. present. ever.




The girls of 14E. My roomies before the mission. This is us at Danielle's baby shower. Too bad all three of them had to ruin my life and get married. Now my roomies are my parents, and younger siblings... not like room roomies. But housies.





I went back to WA for a visit. I got to have lunch with a few of my favorite elders, and see a ton of people that I taught. It was a fabulous week.




My little Michelle got married to the other missionary she was waiting for. It's a good thing I like Brock, or we could have some serious issues... Her wedding was beautiful, and it was my first time wearing heels. Ever. As long as I just stood there, everything was okay.




My BFF Hilary and I trained an ran a marathon together. This is probably my all time favorite photo of us. And trust me, we have a lot of good ones.



I ran, and finished! my first marathon. I had a friend from school, Lindsey, who ran it as well. They gave us fabulous medals when we finished. I tried to scam a "Boston Qualifier" shirt from the table, but the man wouldn't let me have it. Something about shaving off 37 minutes from my time...




This was the first time my entire family had been together in about 2 years.



Me and my little Bro-ha, Spencer. We partied for a day at a REAL game. I looove soccer.





Me and my dark hair (it's now super blonde). I loved it. I grew out my hair my entire mission. I would tell people I couldn't cut it because in Utah you have to have long hair to get married. Then you cut it the week after you tie the knot. It's always been a dream of mine to fool a boy into marrying a girl with long luscious locks, only to chop them after they can't get out!






A classic tradition of Utah County residents is to attend Festival of Colors. I don't really understand the purpose of it, but it was fun to get super dirty and nasty for a day... or a week because the color stained my hair.





I dated a cute little boy. Don't judge my hair in this photo... We went to the Festival of Trees and my favorite tree was the one over Josh's shoulder. He said, "Your favorite tree's are the ones where you can't even see the tree!" So true.




My Mom's side of the family had a little reunion on the Oregon coast. I love the Oregon coast. So do my cousins, as you can see by this photo.





I celebrated my favorite holiday, the 4th of July, in style. A bunch of us camped out for the big parade in Provo. We basically rock.





I've done so many other fun and amazing things too. I'm in my last semester of school, and I just finished my Grad school applications. Crazy. I'm working in an awesome, somewhat boring, but awesome job on campus as an intern the the VP of Academic Affairs- I'm kind of a big deal. I went on a super fun trip to Lake Powell, and even learned how to wake board. My current hobby is snowboarding, but once the snow melts I'll be back to running. I've made new friends, learned a ton, and been unbelievably blessed. I'm excited to see what my future holds!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Melis! It's your facebook stalker and newly blog stalker friend Kat from the wonderful school of the UVU. I love your post. You are super. You'll always be a big deal, even if you just sit in the mud (I don't know what that means really.. hm..) Anyway, enjoy this comment, for it is awesome.

John Skaggs said...

it is about time that you updated your blog. Great blog post. You are awesome....